Aayush Shitut- VIII C
1. There is enough DNA in an average person’s body to stretch from the sun to Pluto and back — 17 times
2. The average human body carries ten times more bacterial cells than human cells
3. It can take a photon 40,000 years to travel from the core of the sun to its surface, but only 8 minutes to travel the rest of the way to Earth
4. At over 2000 kilometers long, The Great Barrier Reef is the largest living structure on Earth
5. There are 8 times as many atoms in a teaspoonful of water as there are teaspoonfuls of water in the Atlantic ocean.
6. The average person walks the equivalent of five times around the world in a lifetime
7. When Helium is cooled to almost absolute zero (-460°F or -273°C), the lowest temperature possible, it becomes a liquid with surprising properties: it flows against gravity and will start running up and over the lip of a glass container!
8. If Betelgeuse would explode transiting from the red supergiant stage to supernova then our sky would light continuously for two months. It can happen anytime, within a couple of thousand years, tomorrow or even now
9. An individual blood cell takes about 60 seconds to make a complete circuit of the body
10. The known universe is made up of 50,000,000,000 galaxies. There are between 100,000,000,000 and 1,000,000,000,000 stars in a normal galaxy. In the Milky Way alone there might be as many 100 billion Earth-like planets. Still think you’re alone?
reference : www.ZMEscience.com