Monday, January 21, 2019

My journey of NCSC 2018


Agasti Deshpande - IX A

My name is Agasti Deshpande. I am from 9th A and this year my partner Aayush Shitut from 9th Band I, under the guidance of Reshma tr participated in the 26th National Children’s Science Congress. Also with us were, Aditya Tekchandani from 9th A, Dhruv Karde from 9th A, Mrugank Pathare from 8th B and Sarth Jagtap from 8th C.We prepared our projects in room 413. This was one of the most fun days we ever had in our school days. We all helped each other in the decoration, in the preparation of charts and almost everything.
Our first level was just submitting our project books, that is the readings of our experiments. We all passed that level. Then was the oral presentation which was conducted as the district level in Cambridge school, Andheri. My team passed that level and then we moved on to the pre-state level.
 In the pre-state level I again had to submit my new readings. Then, after a few days the result came and our team was selected for the state level! The state level was conducted in Harali which is a place in Solapur. We stayed over there for two days. I passed the first round which was on the first day which was conducted in individual classes. Then came the 2nd round which was in front of everyone. We won the second round and got selected for the National level!
     The National level was going to be conducted in Bhubaneshwar in Odisha. Sadly for that only the group leader was to go. So I went alone. At first, I was a little nervous about going. After landing at Bhubaneshwar, our group from Maharastra was picked up by the bus which was sent by Shiksha O’ Anusandhan which is a University, about half an hour from the airport. I stayed there for six days. On the first day we just got our rooms and made ourselves comfortable. There were three students in each room. Then during dinner I made a lot of friends. I made over 19 new friends! It was a really great experience for me to stay on my own.
On the second day a few students from each state had presented their projects. A few of didn’t have our presentations on that day so we went to see the science exhibitions. We also attended a few lectures given by scientists. On the second day I had my presentation. It went great! The judges seemed to like my presentation. After the oral presentation, I had my chart/poster presentation in the exhibition hall. I explained my project to many people who visited the exhibition. On the third day many of us finished our oral and poster presentation so it was relaxing time. After lunch we helped others from our group in setting up their charts. Fourth day was again for relaxation. On the fifth day we had our field trip to Konark temple. It was really beautiful.
Alas! The sixth and final day had arrived. I got my result and I was in top 50 from 800 students from all over India and a few other gulf countries. Then we celebrated. I bought every one pizza from pizza hut. As it was 31st of December, we all cut the New Year Cake. We all were very happy but a little sad too as we had to wave each other goodbye. But we all promised each other to meet again someday.

This was experience about my NCSC journey!
Thank you.
By Agasti Aniruddha Deshpande



No comments: